Out of an abundance of caution and to support other preventive measures underway statewide and nationally, the City of Mesa has temporarily closed several public facilities including the Mesa Arts Center, Parks & Recreation facilities such as recreation centers and aquatic centers, Mesa Convention Center and Mesa Amphitheatre, as well as museums and libraries. Festivals, events and gatherings greater than 10 people have also been cancelled in order to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and minimize the broader impact to our healthcare system.
Mayor John Giles has signed a proclamation mandating the closure of all restaurants and bars with the exception of drive-through, pick-up and delivery options.
We are aware of how unprecedented these times are and your health and safety is our top priority. We encourage you to still support our local community during this time. Small businesses are the heart and soul of our downtown. Each of our businesses are taking extra precautions to keep you safe while still shopping and eating local. Our downtown businesses are offering take-out, curbside pick-up and delivery options. Visit SupportMesaNow.com for a list of current business offerings.
Here are other ways you can support local businesses:
- Buy gift cards to use later. Call your favorite restaurant, brewery or retail store to purchase gift cards to use or gift at a later date. Have them mail you your gift card or pick-up at their location.
- Get food and alcohol to go. Order to go by calling or ordering through the restaurant’s website. Many of our restaurants are offering curbside pick up or delivery. Don’t forget to visit our breweries for cans and growlers to go with your meal.
- Shop online. Visit your favorite downtown retail store’s website or social media pages to shop. Many businesses are featuring products available for purchase on their Facebook and Instagram available for curbside pick up or shipping.
- Purchase merchandise. Now is the perfect time to purchase the hat, t-shirt or tumbler from the local coffee shop or brewery.
- Show your love through social media. If you aren’t already, follow our downtown businesses on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Like their posts, tag your friends in posts, sharing their stories and leave reviews on Google and Yelp.
The Mesa Farmer’s Market and Flea at Pioneer Park is still happening each Saturday from 8-11am. Shop for your essentials with minimal exposure. Only food and essentials will be sold in a pick up and go setting close to the parking lot. Pre-orders are available here: https://www.mesafarmersmarketandflea.com/vendor-online-ordering
We will be sharing business updates and specials through our Facebook and Instagram accounts @downtownmesa. Thank your to all who have supported our downtown and continue to support our downtown through this difficult time.Support Mesa Now Website