Celebrate the Holiday Season in Downtown Mesa
Gather your friends and family and celebrate the season with Merry Main St. Events include the Tree Lighting, Mesa Christmas Market, Gingerbread Rock, Holiday Sound Beginnings, Enchanted Story Time Princess Meet & Greets, and more!
Downtown Mesa’s Merry Main Kickoff and Tree Lighting is November 29th from 5-10pm. See the ice show at 4:30 p.m. at the Winter Wonderland Ice Rink, 20 E. Main St. There will be music at 5 p.m. by the Mesa City Band at the Mesa Christmas Tree, Main Street and Macdonald. At 5:45, witness the beauty of the Main St. Christmas Tree lighting ceremony with the arrival of Santa Claus! Enjoy an evening of music, food and fun throughout downtown Mesa until 10 p.m
Gingerbread Rock– Rock around the Downtown Mesa Christmas Tree with your friends and family this holiday season at the FREE event, Gingerbread Rock, on December 7th from 3-8pm! Enjoy Gingerbread House decorating (while supplies last), Frozen Princesses, Santa, bounce houses, Light-Up Rideable Frozen Sleighs, Food, Vendors, and much more! For the first year, enjoy the Spirit of Toy Giving Store, presented by Santander, where your kiddos will be able to ‘shop’ for toys for children in need! Do you think your family has what it takes to build a gingerbread house to beat all others? Gingerbread House competition for the first 15 families who pre-register (please register as ONE family, not individuals) and must incorporate at least one adult and one child under 18. Materials will be provided and families can unlock special, secret decorations by bringing with them a receipt of purchase of at least $10 from a Downtown Mesa business from that day. There will be supplies for those who wish to make their own gingerbread house outside of the competition (While Supplies Last). 1st place: $50 Downtown Mesa Gift Card, 2nd place: $30 Downtown Mesa Gift Card, 3rd place: $20 Downtown Mesa Gift Card.
More information at https://www.facebook.com/events/527002688150947/
Located on 1 N Macdonald Mesa, AZ 85201.
Merry Main Street Activities (Nov. 29-Jan. 4)
- Winter Wonderland Ice Rink. Downtown Mesa will again feature a more than 5,000 square foot ice skating rink, 20 E. Main St., that will be open daily for thousands to enjoy our amazing winter weather while skating under the stars. Purchase tickets at the rink.
- Mesa’s Christmas Tree. Merry Main Street would not be complete without a giant Christmas tree. The nearly four-story tall tree will be located on Macdonald at Main Street.
- Visits with Santa. Free visits with Santa Fridays and Saturdays! Bring your cell phone or camera for pictures. Visit the activities calendar page on www.merrymainst.com for times and locations.
- Mesa Christmas Market. For the third consecutive year, the Mesa Christmas Market will be a market on the north side of Main Street at Macdonald featuring traditional and nontraditional foods, hand-crafted items, beautiful lights and live performances near the Mesa Christmas Tree. The market will be open Fridays from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturdays from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. between Nov. 29 and Dec. 21. For more information, visit www.themesachristmasmarket.com.
- Santa’s sELFie Village. Take a moment to create a special holiday card photo at the holiday tree or one of the other Santa sELFie stations along Main Street.
- Jack Frost’s Food Truck Forest. Start (or end) your journey along Merry Main Street at Jack Frost’s Food Truck Forest at Pioneer Park, 526 E. Main St. on Fridays and Saturdays from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Main Street Express. Take a ride on the Main Street Express trackless train every Friday and Saturday at Jack Frost’s Food Truck Forest.
- Polar Express. Join us as we zoom down Merry Main Street. In our special Light Rail car, we will sing songs, enjoy cookies and, best of all, meet Santa! Wear your pajamas and enjoy the season in the childlike and festive tradition of the Polar Express, which runs Dec. 6, 7, 13 and 14 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Visit www.themesapolarexpress.com for details.
- Holiday Happenings at the MAC. The internationally acclaimed Mesa Arts Center comes alive with Holiday Happenings! Purchase tickets to a Performing Live! show or enjoy other holiday events like the Mesa Arts Festival and spark! After Dark. Visit www.mesaartscenter.com for details and tickets.
For a complete list of Merry Main Street activities, including dates and times, visit www.merrymainst.com.
Merry Main Express – Free Fare Zone means you can ride the light rail for FREE during Merry Main Street between Country Club Drive and Mesa Drive from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. on the following weekends:
- Nov. 29 – 30
- Dec. 6 – 7
- Dec. 13 – 14
- Dec. 20 – 21
- Dec. 27 – 28
There is also a large park-and-ride at the northeast corner of Main Street and Mesa Drive.
FREE parking is available in all open lots and on-street parking areas throughout Downtown Mesa.