Merry Main Street begins Friday, Nov. 23 with an ice show at the Winter Wonderland Ice Rink with AZ Ice at 4 p.m.; music with the Mesa City Band at the Mesa Christmas Tree, Main Street and Macdonald at 5 p.m. and a tree lighting ceremony and the arrival of Santa Claus during a brief program at 5:45 p.m. at Main Street and Macdonald. Enjoy an evening of music, food and fun throughout downtown Mesa from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Winter Wonderland Ice Rink: Downtown Mesa will again feature a more than 5,000 square foot ice skating rink, 20 E. Main St., that will be open daily for thousands to enjoy our amazing winter weather while skating under the stars. Purchase tickets at the rink or online at www.merrymainst.com.
- Mesa’s Christmas Tree: Merry Main Street would not be complete without a giant Christmas tree. The nearly four-story tall tree will be located on Macdonald at Main Street.
- Visits with Santa. Free visits with Santa Fridays and Saturdays! Bring your cell phone or camera for pictures. Visit the activities calendar page on www.merrymainst.com for time and locations.
- Mesa Christmas Market: For the second consecutive year, the Mesa Christmas Market will be a European style market on the north side of Main Street at Macdonald featuring traditional and nontraditional foods, hand-crafted items, beautiful lights and live performances near the Mesa Christmas Tree. The market will be open Fridays and Saturdays between Nov. 23 and Dec. 22 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. For more information., visit www.themesachristmasmarket.com.
- Santa’s sELFie Village: Take a moment to create a special holiday card photo at the holiday tree or one of the other Santa sELFie stations along Main Street.
- Jack Frost’s Food Truck Forest: Start (or end) your journey along Merry Main Street at Jack Frost’s Food Truck Forest at Pioneer Park, 526 E. Main St. This is at the end of the light rail line.
- Main Street Express: Take a ride on the Main Street Express trackless train every Friday and Saturday at the food trucks at Pioneer Park.
- Polar Express: Join us as we zoom down Merry Main Street. In our special Light Rail car, we will sing songs, enjoy cookies and, best of all, meet Santa! Wear your pajamas and enjoy the season in the childlike and festive tradition of the Polar Express, which runs Dec. 7, 8 and 15. Visit www.themesapolarexpress.com for details.
- Holiday Happenings at the MAC: The internationally acclaimed Mesa Arts Center comes alive with Holiday Happenings! Purchase tickets to a Performing Live! show or enjoy other holiday events like the Mesa Arts Festival and spark! After Dark. Visit www.mesaartscenter.com for details and tickets.
For a complete list of Merry Main Street activities, including dates and times, visit www.merrymainst.com.